— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On results of a poll asking if you think the traffic jam political scandal will negatively impact Gov. Chris Christie’s expected run for president (yes, 50 percent; no, 47 percent):
• Oh, the results of this poll scare me almost as much as a chemical leak — Ronnie M.
On a Mercer County woman receiving the maximum sentence on sexual abuse charges involving children:
• Sick — Christine H.
• She still didn’t get what she deserved! — Roy M.
• It’s people like this that belong in hell — Jose M.
• What is wrong with people around here? — Steven H.
• Good. I pray she gets everything she deserves — Jodi W.
• I pray God will forgive me for what I am thinking! — Louise G.
• She deserves what she got plus much more! She will pay ... on judgment day! — Tonya W.
• It’s about time someone gets the maximum sentence! This women is a very sick individual! — Tonya J.
On a poll question asking if you think the addition of campsites and other recreational amenities at Pinnacle Rock State Park would spur tourism:
• I don’t think there are people in other states sitting in their homes going, “I would love to go to Pinnacle Rock State Park but they just don’t have enough benches” ... — Joe H.
• Yes, especially since it is close to the ATV trails — Alecia L.
• You’d be surprised by the number of people that live out of state that want to come see that big pretty rock ... — Angela C.
• Yes! And the area needs it desperately — Pam J.
• Yes, good idea! This would be a great location for ATV tourism — John H.
On a judge’s ruling of admissible evidence in the case of a Mercer County man facing child pornography charges:
• People like this make me physically sick — Cheryl H.
• Hope he has a friendly cell mate — Heather G.