On a poll question asking how worried you are about climate change:
• Ummmm ... Not worried at all. I’m more worried about people finding jobs, increasing the local economy, and finding ways to help our youth prosper... — Lauren B.
• Lawmakers declared war on West Virginia. Those who support the current administration (and pay taxes) will now be supporting us coal miners on the first of the month — Greg B.
• People around here are used to “climate change,” we call it spring, summer, fall and winter! —Jim H.
• We pump all that stuff in the air and eliminate most of the world’s trees then have the arrogance to say we don’t have any affect..... :/ — Dave H.
• Worry more about people working and putting food on their kids’ plates. What happens to the climate is in God’s hands! — Sandy B.
On if a college education is worth the high cost:
• Hell no — Thomas L.
• Ditto Thomas! — Amy N.
• No, but nowadays no collage, no decent paying job in most cases — David B.
• Better off with vo-tech — Karen B.
• Yes, worth every penny. There’s no way I could make the money I do now without my degree — Danielle B.
• No! My daughter went five years and can’t find a job with her degree — Nora A.
• Sadly, many businesses will not hire you without a degree. Then once you’re hired, you find out that the degree you paid for or took a loan out for didn’t prepare you for the skill set the job requires ... — Greg H.
On the rescue of a woman from a Wythe County cave:
• Yes, that’s Wytheville, Va., good-hearted people — John L.
On how often you travel to the beach:
• Not enough — Sherry B.
• At least once a year —Danielle B.
• Never — Kathy H.
• There now ... I could live at the beach! So peaceful :) — Lisa B.