— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story and photo about the arrest of a stabbing suspect by West Virginia State Police troopers:
• West Virginia has some of the best looking state troopers I have ever seen anywhere. Don’t know where they find these guys — Terry W.
• I agree ... — Michelle L.
• I’m sick of people talking trash about Montcalm being a drug town when it’s primary residents are old people and working people. Just because a few bad apples have time to stand around in front of the closed food store doesn’t mean the entire town is filled with drugs... — Joe H.
• I actually have to agree ... on this one. All towns have a drug problem, that doesn’t mean it’s all drug related every time something happens — Rhonda D.
• Crazy... people are nuts — Kathy H.
On a story about a 9-year-old boy being struck by a train in McDowell County:
• Prayers for the family — Michelle L.
• Praying for that child and his family — Donna D.
• What was the child doing around train tracks to begin with?! — Amy N.
• Prayer for the little kid and family, this is so sad — Kathie W.
On a husband and wife in their 80s scaring off a would-be robber:
• GO granny GO — Gwen M.
• A .45 or a 9 mm will scare ’em off every time — Michael C.
On if you recycle:
• You know if they did, more of these the side roads in McDowell and surrounding counties wouldn’t look so bad! They ought to take a page from North Carolina and offer separate pick ups during the month for glass, and plastic and yard debris! — Deanna M.
• Seems most West Virginia counties only care about money. Princeton should offer residence bins for recycling — Chad E.
• Yes. Bluefield, Va., does paper and plastic every Tuesday — Alicia P.