On a story about an upsurge in weapons permits, and why this is occurring:
• Because of Obama, Hillary and the U.N. and the arms treaty, terrorist cell groups here in the U.S. entering through the border via Mexico — Karen D.
• Or it could be because people are tired of being robbed by good ol’ Americans who were born and raised here. I’ve actually been considering purchasing a firearm and it has absolutely nothing to do with terrorists, and more to do with crime in Mercer County — Jamie L.
• I consider it my duty to carry a firearm at all times to protect myself and my family — Aaron O.
• I have one because people seem to be right out crazy — Suzanne B.
• Not narcissistic enough to think anyone would want to kill me. I do not have one — Bill M.
• Locally, I’d say it’s due to all the drug related crimes. Nationally, I’d say it’s because people are reacting to the far left policies coming from Washington — Bill C.
On whether marijuana should be legalized in West Virginia and Virginia:
• Of course West Virginia should, we need to try alternative ways to generate income — James B.
• It has over a 1,000 medicinal properties that we know of, one is laughter which the Bible says is good medicine, just saying; it helps the appetite for cancer patients ... the list goes on and on — Karen D.
• I don’t think it should because it alters your mind. If it is I think it would be something you do in your home not out in public or driving because, like alcohol, you are putting everyone’s life at risk when you’re out and not in the correct mindframe — Savanna H.
• Go West Virginia! — Dean C.
• No — Angela G.
• Yes! Yes! Yes! It should be. The hemp plant has numerous uses ... Robert S.
• I was going to post an answer to the question but all I keep thinking is I’m shocked at everyone and, yes, a little disappointed too — Becky B.
• Legalize it — Don Z.
• We have to many problems with drugs now — Derek K.