A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about Hostess shutting down, what will happen if Twinkies really do go away and your favorite snack cakes:
• Hostess will sell the Twinkie brand to Little Debbie or somebody else. It’s OK. It’s just yellow cake and creme filling. We will get through this — Neal V.
• ... I like the chocolate Little Debbie snacks! :):) Dave H.
• Love Little Debbies, but also Hostess chocolate cupcakes with the cream filling inside. Yummy — Joyce D.
• I’m a Little Debbie girl myself. Not a fan of Twinkies — never had enough filling ... LOL — Angela G.
• I love their snowball cakes :):) Kim H.
• I’m a Tastykake fan myself! — Matt T.
On Samantha Perry’s column about cooking on Thanksgiving and culinary disasters:
• I have a funny story to tell. I can’t make stuffing at all. My husband told me, “You need to learn to make it ’cause it’s my favorite!” So one Thanksgiving I got two big boxes of Stovetop Stuffing, fixed as directed but I poured it in a large baking pan and baked it like the homemade stuffing. He went on and on about how delicious my stuffing was. He said, “See, you can do it!” It was three weeks later before I told the truth. He got the biggest kick out of that. He still tells that story ... LOL — Mae E.
On a poll question asking how worried you are about escalating tensions in the Middle East:
• It is very concerning. It’s also very scary, too — Sara T.
On a story in which an astronomer said don’t change your plans due to the December doomsday, and what you think of the Mayan calendar doomsday:
• I believe the Bible, no man knows the hour! — Pam B.
• I think if the Mayan calendar had included leap years, then we all would have died last fall ... so ... I think we will be OK — Neal V.