— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On if you have a fear of what’s in the water when you go to the beach:
• Statistically, you have a better chance of being killed by a wild boar or choking on an insect than being bitten by a shark ... — Neal V.
• All the stuff dumped in the ocean should make anyone think twice — Dave H.
• Yes, very paranoid — Sherry B.
On a story about a mobile home fire:
• God bless the neighbor for knowing there was a pet in there and doing what was necessary to rescue her! — Roxanna B.
• What a kind person to think about the little animal — Lori H.
On a soldier from Princeton serving in the Old Guard:
• A wonderful news story in the midst of all the craziness ... congrats! — Alisha M.
• Congratulations. I wish you well and thank you for serving our country — Marilyn B.
• Congratulations. Thank you — Peggy K.
On if you have ever felt like the government is tracking your Internet or phone usage:
• I know Obama is watching me. Oh no, now he’s gonna know that I know he’s watching me. Oh no, now he’s gonna know that I know that he knows that I know that he’s watching me ... — Jamie L.
On a Princeton man being charged in connection with a string of breaking and enterings:
• Amen! Way to go police force! Thank you! — Donna S.
On state police finding an infant buried in a West Virginia forest:
• Oh my goodness. Bless that child — Lena H.
• That poor infant — Mark F.
• What horrible people to just bury their infant and pretend nothing happened — Melinda A.
On police jailing a possible suspect in the bike bank robbery:
• Way to go guys! So proud of the BPD — Melissa D.