— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a Bluefield bank drive-through being robbed by a man on a bicycle:
• Oh wow — Samantha K.
• High-speed get away ... smh — Michelle L.
• lmao — Shannon G.
• This is a joke right? — Kelly H.
• And they got away? Wow! — Cindy P.
• Seriously? — Joyce F.
• Really? — Melinda W.
• OK, I’ve heard it all now ...! — Matthew W.
• She should have told him that they can only wait on motorized vehicles in the drive-through lanes and that he would need to come in for service — D.C. M.
On a story about two men charged with crimes against children being injured in a holding cell while awaiting court appearances:
• I hope by “injured” they mean the other cell mates beat their (expletive deleted) — Chris H.
• Hmmm, wonder what happened to them — Michelle L.
• Ah shucks — Carla P.
• My, my, my — Pat B.
• Sometimes these people are not guilty. So don’t judge all by some ... — Martha J.
• Oh no there’s a tear, oh wait just got something in my eye ... — Sadie K.
On whether the Washington Redskins name should be changed or left alone:
• Keep it as is — Rick T.
• Keep the Redskins. I can’t believe the government is getting into such matters! — Carolyn B.
• Is there really any question? Does Redskins sound like a word honoring or degrading Native Americans ...? — Joe H.
• Geez its just a name ... it’s been that way for years. Why make such a big stink about it now — Elizabeth D.
• This whole issue is a joke — John T.
• It’s a joke that a people who have everything taken from them consider the name to be a racial slur ...? — Dustin A.
• Stop the insanity, I want to know how the IRS lost two years of emails Mr. President ... — Gail S.