A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On Target and Home Depot eyeing Princeton area sites, and what retail store or restaurant you would like to see open in the region:
• Two words. Dunkin’ Donuts — Sarah K.
• A free standing Chick-Fil-A with a drive-thru. I hate driving all the way to the mall for some decent fast food — Kevin T.
• I have wanted our own Chic-Fil-A in Princeton for a long, long time! Also, think we should have our own cinemas, with at least two to four screens. I also would like to see a Payless Shoe Store and a huge Hobby Lobby! — Karen S.
On poll results of a question asking how big a problem the gender pay gap is:
• I bet the 33 percent who think gender pay differences are a myth are 100 percent male — Cathy N.
On a story about a Bluefield, Va., police officer being lauded for rescuing ducklings from a storm drain.
• Awesome job!! Very proud of you Officer Krabbe!!! Sometimes it’s the little things that mean the most!!!! :) — Beckley W.
• Very commendable that he took the time out of his day to do this!! — Judy P.
On a story about a homeowner shooting a man in the leg after he attempted to break into her house:
• Should have aimed higher........"A” for effort anyway..... — Matt U.
• Whether you call it Castle Law or Stand Your Ground, it is still a real pleasure to see an innocent home-owner shoot a fool invading his space! — Johnnie S.
• Hooray! If I had been home when they broke into mine I would have shot to kill! Hate them druggies — Peggy F.
• I would do the same thing. I applaud this lady. If this guy was trying to break in her house — these thieves have to be stopped somehow and if it is by a bullet then so be it. They shouldn’t be breaking into people’s homes and stealing in the first place — Anna R.
• Good for her. The robber got lucky that she was a bad shot or she has a heart — Chrissy R.
• Intruder had no business in her house and he may have broken in there before. The woman did the right thing. She was protecting her home and her own life — George N.