— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a crack cocaine bust in Welch:
• The only problem with all of this is that they are let right back out! — Wilma R.
• In McDowell and the southern coalfields, this is just the tip of the iceberg! — Jim K.
• Wonder when in the hell they will decide to do something about the drugs and murderers here in Panther? — Anita H.
• Sad — Jessi B.
On a poll question asking about your favorite scary movie:
• “Silver Bullet” — Debra C.
• “Silent Hill” — Sharon C.
• “Ghost Story” (with Fred Astaire) — Linda M.
• C-SPAN — Charles P.
On two girls being arrested in Florida for bullying a 12-year-old who killed herself:
• They are sick and it’s murder pure and simple. They will only get worse as they get older! — Dave H.
• It’s about time action is taken in matters like this — Heather B.
• At what point are we going to realize that bulling is a part of life, and no matter how hard we try to crack down on those who may drive weak individuals to take their lives we are never going to stop it because kids at their very heart are evil little twerps who will eat you alive if you allow them to... — Joseph L.
• It’s time we teach the bullies that they will pay the price for being a bully ... — Shirley M.
• Until bullies are charged with assault and also manslaughter if their victim kills themselves, bullies will continue to think they are too powerful to take down ... — Karen S.
• I think they should be charged with murder, they are nothing but brats — Anita H.
• Read where the authorities are considering charging the parents — good Idea! — Bill S.
On a fortuneteller being investigated by police for offering to remove curses:
• That’s crazy! — Jeannie D.
• A guy paid over $16,000? Lol — Dave H.