On a story about West Virginia official wanting answers for the sheriff’s amendment failure:
•Or maybe, just maybe, some crazy people think that term limits are totally OK. Nah, they must have just hit the wrong button — Harry R.
• How many even knew what it was about? — Dave H.
On a poll question asking with more retailers opening their doors early this year, will you go “Black Friday” shopping on Thanksgiving evening?
• Absolutely not! Shopping is not an after-dinner entertainment. Give store employees a break and find something productive to occupy your free time — Marla A.
• No — Pat F.
• No — Stephanie B.
On a story about a big drug bust in the city limits of Bluefield:
• Good job! That sounds like a giant bust — Chrissy C.
On a story about fatal drug overdoses in Western Virginia breaking a record:
• I’d like to see the numbers for West Virginia. It’s a shame and needs to brought under control somehow — Chris S.
On a story about Patriot Coal planning to stop mountaintop removal mining after being challenged by environmentalists:
• There are thousands of families who are going to be impacted by this. While signing all these agreements, perhaps a contract should include continued income for the families until they are stable enough financially and educationally to obtain a position with the same pay scale they are accustomed to receiving — Darlene B.
• About time!! Congrats!! — ... They didn’t mention here that “The deal does not require Patriot to immediately close any mines or lay-off any workers.” —Dave H.