On a poll question asking what action Congress should take in regard to President Barack Obama’s request for a military strike on Syria:
• Evil is fighting evil in Syria. Taking a side makes us evil as well — David T.
• There will always be religious wars in the Middle East; we already are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan! Financially we would be in the hole even deeper while U.S. citizens are suffering. Stay out of Syria — Susie H.
• Let’s send him and our congressional idiots over there with baseball bats (since they don’t think we should have guns) and let them reason their way to peace — Robby S.
On a video of two coaches bloodied in a high school football brawl:
• This is who these young men on both teams are supposed to look up to? Shameful. They should never coach or teach again — Dale M.
• Wow! Read the article: Suzanne Harbin, president of the Board of Education, spoke with Doreen Griffeth, superintendent of the board, who witnessed the fight and concluded, “there is no need to reprimand our coaches and players, they acted with class and dignity during the situation.” Seriously? Since when does two adult opposing high school football coaches fighting show class and dignity? — Angie W.
• Sure not teaching a lesson to his players! SMH! — Tonya S.
On a story about a Tazewell business owner sentenced on drug and firearm charges:
• 102-year sentence reduced to 11? Freaking ridiculous! — Vickie S.
On a story about a West Virginia man charged with choking a 91-year-old woman with her medical alert necklace:
• Such a shame! — Brenda W.
• This is disgusting. I’m afraid of the generation who will take care of me — Yvette P.
On a story about a crook trying to rob a store clerk who was an armed Iraqi war veteran:
• Yeah, my hero. So glad there are men out there like him. Congratulations — Anita H.