— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On whether you would allow hydraulic fracking on your land if offered the right price:
• Does a bear defecate in the woods? — Robert R.
• No way! — Dave H.
• Hell no. I value my water too much — Kaye L.
• Nope — Neal V.
• No way! Never, ever! — Danielle B.
• No, no, no — Pat D.
• No, no, no, never, never. If you want to see the desolation fracking brings take a short trip to southern Pennsylvania and talk to some landowners or farmers whose water can now be lit with a match ... — Shelia W.
On photos of the Brothers of the Wheel annual gift distribution:
• I applaud you guys for all you do. I’ll look for you every year. Thank you — Carey P.
On a story about Iceland’s hidden elves delaying road construction, and whether you believe elves or other mythical beings might exist:
• There are many things that exist that most people will never perceive — Dave H.
• No — Roger E.
• I’m sure if they do exist, by now they’ve figured out that they need to remain hidden from us, or risk being wiped out for being different — Jamie L.
• No, I do not believe elves exist — Margie K.
• I don’t believe in any mythological creatures — Karen S.
• I believe anything is possible — Alli L.
On if you give, or expect to receive, Christmas gift cards this year:
• I can’t afford gifts for everyone I care about so what I can do is let them know I love them; I send them a card. I don’t do it to expect any back but do enjoy them when I get some and I cut the front part off to use in my scrapbook pages — Karen S.