— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On how you prepare for frigid temperatures and winter weather:
• Move to some place warm — Stephanie H.
• Stay home — Arlene N.
• Keep calm and idiot watch — Dan M.
On a story about Bluefield police hiding in a house to catch burglars:
• Great job, officers! Good to see that they caught some burglars, especially with how hard it is to catch them — Bobbie L.
• I hope there is lots of jail time! What goes around comes around!! — Joanne W.
• We are very proud of those officers! — Mae E.
• Seriously, already released on bond? — Betty M.
• Sad! Nice work BPD — Josh H.
On what you think about the cultural shift showing that more expectant couples are choosing cohabitation over shotgun weddings:
• I still believe in marriage — Kristy C.
• Signs of the times — Karen D.
• Marriage kills your love life — Steven R.
• It’s harder to break up if you have to get a divorce. Might make some stop and think if they were legally bound with their companion ... — Shirley M.
• The most important thing is that the children are cared for — Gene B.
On an emergency shelter being opened at the Princeton Rescue Squad due to the extreme cold:
• Good idea! — Sharon B.
• That’s so awesome. Thank God this is possible for Mercer County residents — Dàna T.
On a story about Appalachian Power working to restore electricity to customers:
• Lord be with all those out there in this cold. I pray they stay warm the best they can — Sherry B.
• But I have to say with AEP’s rates they should be prepared ahead of time! — Cindy O.
• Perhaps APCO would have fewer equipment failures if they removed tree limbs from their lines — Gene B.
On a story about a Mercer County man pleading guilty to federal child pornography charges:
• Why five months to sentence this pervert?! — Joanne W.
• Sick — Renee S.