— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a poll question asking how often you lose electricity at home:
• Every time the wind blows! — Karen M.
• Two to three times per year — Bonnie W.
• Last year it was almost 30 days combined. Since AEP cleaned up the right of ways I have only lost it once this year... — Elise B.
On how long it will take you to repay your student loans, and if the education you received was worth the debt incurred:
• I could have went to Harvard with the amount I spent :/ I will be paying for the rest of my life :/ ... Felicia B.
• Both of my daughters owe college loans and one can’t even find a job! So no, it’s not worth it — Nora A.
• I’ll probably never have them paid off and as far as being worth it? Question that every month I make a payment; especially since an associate degree is now considered “some college!” Grrrrr — Sarah P.
• At this rate I’ll never pay them off, and no the amount wasn’t worth it. For the total amount I spent on college for this area, I should’ve just went to Yale Law School or something, at least I’d have a decent job — Sadie K.
• I may have mine paid off by the time I retire. They are worse than loan sharks! — Penny T.
On a poll question asking if you would be willing to spend $500 this Christmas on a new Xbox One video game system:
• I would be willing to spend $500 on food — Luke N.
• Nope, because in January it is going to be half that price — Angela G.
• If I had money to throw away I would. My son loves his video games — Micole B.
• Yup — Frankie M.
• Not on a Xbox One ... but yes on the PS4! — Duane H.
• No — Regina A.
• The only way I’d spend that much is if I was buying it for myself — Alli L.