- Sister Newspapers' Blogs
Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare
Are the president's critics patriots or obstructionists? That all depends on which president is being criticized.
December 13, 2013 1 Photo
Editor stranded in ice storm experiences truest form of humanity
A foolish drive left me alone with my car stuck on a steep hill of a back road, covered in ice with temperatures falling into the low 20s. But as is the case with any horror story, heroes emerged to aid the helpless.
December 11, 2013 1 Photo
Live blog: A historically-accurate reenactment of JFK's assassination
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. To remember the event, watch a live experience of what happened that day in 1963, as it would be covered by news outlets today.
November 22, 2013 1 Photo
50 years can't fade a day to remember
I don’t remember what I had for lunch last Wednesday or Thursday, but I do recall what I was doing and what I was eating on Nov. 22, 1963, when I learned that President John F. Kennedy had been shot.
November 18, 2013 1 Photo
Do animals understand pointing like humans do?
Understanding pointing apparently takes some sophistication. Even chimpanzees, who are smart cookies in many ways, don’t “get it” when it comes to pointing.
November 14, 2013 1 Photo
Health care choice another of Obama's broken promises
In selling Obamacare, the president told Americans they could keep their doctors and their health care plans. MIllions of Americans are now finding out that was a sales line - not the truth.
November 1, 2013 1 Photo
A night to remember … my first pie supper
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
Have you updated your bucket list?
June 3, 2013 1 Photo
Japanese find a new source of natural gas
May 22, 2013 1 Photo
Uncle Ed: Vain as a peacock, cool as a cucumber
May 20, 2013 1 Photo
- More Sister Newspapers' Blogs Headlines
- Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare
- Bill Archer
- Success in business with a servant’s heart, Dick Copeland cared for people 2 days 1 Photo
- Unsolicited help from a Virginia state trooper came at the right moment 9 days 1 Photo
- You can beat a bully by not letting them have power over what is right 16 days 1 Photo
- Mention of the word ‘snow blower’ leads to momentarily lapse in thought 23 days 1 Photo
- New age of communications arrived to leave ‘ancient communications’ behind 30 days 1 Photo
- Watching a tractor-trailer jackknife in slow motion is a lesson on life 37 days 1 Photo
- ‘What hath God wrought’ launched a communications revolution 44 days 1 Photo
- Diversity in any profession can build strong relationships 51 days 1 Photo
- Researched words on the printed page linger long after the ink dries 58 days 1 Photo
- Columbus just had a better press agent than Leif Eriksson 65 days 1 Photo
- AP Video
- UConn Suspends Sorority, Frat in Hazing Probe Man Goes Free After Decades on Death Row San Francisco Firefighters Stop Big Blaze Spread Republican Jolly Wins FLA. Congressional Race Raw: Seavey Wins 2nd Iditarod in Bizarre Finish Raw: 'Octomom' Pleads Not Guilty Again Malaysia Flight Changed Course Before Vanishing Denver's Flobots Bring Music Back to Schools Barry Bonds Returns to Giants' Spring Training Technology Is Culture at South by Southwest Obama Shops at Gap, Pitches Minimum Wage Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Computers Former Christie Aides Seek to Quash Subpoenas Feta Fight: US, Europe Battle Over Cheese Names Dallas Seavey Wins His Second Iditarod Dog Race House Cat Traps Family in Home Prosecutors: DC Mayor Knew of 'shadow Campaign' Raw: Police Seek Man Who Set Car, Self Ablaze Ukraine's Crimea Seeks to Become Independent Man With Stolen Passport on Jet Is Asylum Seeker
- Greg Jordan
- Conversations with kids: Sometimes a little white lie is best 6 days 1 Photo
- Mobile clinic underscores strength of veterans’ determination 13 days 1 Photo
- Preparing a snake and three tarantulas for a winter storm is not easy 20 days 1 Photo
- Polar chills spur longing for spring, but winter could be worse 41 days 1 Photo
- Plenty to do in Mercer County, but new businesses would be welcomed 48 days 1 Photo
- Rise and shine: Prevent mishaps with extra time on wintry mornings 55 days 1 Photo
- Favorite toys from childhood spur special memories for grownups 62 days 1 Photo
- Weight loss, writing and buying a giant tarantula top resolutions for 2014 69 days 1 Photo
- The healthy food diet has fallen off a cliff and exploded in holiday flames 76 days 1 Photo
- Multi-purpose vehicle: Tons of fun to be had with armored personnel carrier 83 days 1 Photo