- Sister Newspapers' Blogs
Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare
Are the president's critics patriots or obstructionists? That all depends on which president is being criticized.
December 13, 2013 1 Photo
Editor stranded in ice storm experiences truest form of humanity
A foolish drive left me alone with my car stuck on a steep hill of a back road, covered in ice with temperatures falling into the low 20s. But as is the case with any horror story, heroes emerged to aid the helpless.
December 11, 2013 1 Photo
Live blog: A historically-accurate reenactment of JFK's assassination
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. To remember the event, watch a live experience of what happened that day in 1963, as it would be covered by news outlets today.
November 22, 2013 1 Photo
50 years can't fade a day to remember
I don’t remember what I had for lunch last Wednesday or Thursday, but I do recall what I was doing and what I was eating on Nov. 22, 1963, when I learned that President John F. Kennedy had been shot.
November 18, 2013 1 Photo
Do animals understand pointing like humans do?
Understanding pointing apparently takes some sophistication. Even chimpanzees, who are smart cookies in many ways, don’t “get it” when it comes to pointing.
November 14, 2013 1 Photo
Health care choice another of Obama's broken promises
In selling Obamacare, the president told Americans they could keep their doctors and their health care plans. MIllions of Americans are now finding out that was a sales line - not the truth.
November 1, 2013 1 Photo
A night to remember … my first pie supper
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
Have you updated your bucket list?
June 3, 2013 1 Photo
Japanese find a new source of natural gas
May 22, 2013 1 Photo
Uncle Ed: Vain as a peacock, cool as a cucumber
May 20, 2013 1 Photo
- More Sister Newspapers' Blogs Headlines
- Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare
- Bill Archer
- First tomato of summer, milking cows, 17-year cicadas and other bologna 21 hours 1 Photo
- Truckers are research scientists looking for the limits of human endurance 7 days 1 Photo
- Service in the spotlight: It’s hard being a public servant in this day and age 14 days 1 Photo
- Maybe the camera actually does blink sometimes when the time is right 21 days
- Rather than fear, a safe trucker should respect the highway and everyone else 28 days
- Hip, hip hooray! Total hip replacement restores newsman’s pain-free walking 35 days 1 Photo
- Sharing personal observations about Tammie Toler and the news 77 days 1 Photo
- A reflection on the 2014 Shott Excellence in Media award recipients 84 days 1 Photo
- Strength gained by navigating the twists and turns on life’s highway 91 days 1 Photo
- A beautiful tune can float like a blanket of air gliding over rolling hills 105 days 1 Photo
- AP Video
- Kerry: Humanitarian Cease-fire Efforts Continue Raw: Corruption Trial Begins for Former Va Gov. Raw: Massive Dust Storm Covers Phoenix UN Security Council Calls for Gaza Cease-fire 13 Struck by Lightning on Calif. Beach Baseball Hall of Famers Inducted Raw: Shipwrecked Concordia Completes Last Voyage The Carbon Trap: US Exports Global Warming Israel, Hamas Trade Fire Despite Truce in Gaza Raw: Sea Turtle Hatchlings Emerge From Nest Traditional African Dishes Teach Healthy Eating Raw: Bolivian Dancers Attempt to Break Record Italy's Nibali Set to Win First Tour De France Raw: Airstrike Shatters Fragile Calm in Gaza Fox Dons 'Bondage Strap' Skirt at Comic-Con Raw: Violent Clashes Between Libyan Militias Today in History for July 28th Kangaroo Goes Missing in Oklahoma 12-hour Cease-fire in Gaza Fighting Begins Raw: Israel, Palestine Supporters Rally in US
- Greg Jordan
- Cruising, classic cars spur fond memories of days gone by 4 days 1 Photo
- When longhand becomes code: Handwriting skills suffer in age of technology 11 days 1 Photo
- Bank robbery, car crash: Never a dull day when the scanner crackles 18 days 1 Photo
- Alternate endings: America could be vastly different if Founders had failed 25 days
- Never a dull fire scene: Local departments do lots of good work 32 days
- First ride on motorcycle provides new experience on open road 39 days 1 Photo
- Local firefighters and EMS personnel are deserving of our support 53 days 1 Photo
- From fried pickles to plane rides, weekend events offered fun for all 60 days 1 Photo
- Newspaper ‘gun beat’ great for reporter with a fondness for firearms 67 days 1 Photo
- Being a trick shot isn’t one of my talents, but gun lessons were helpful 81 days 1 Photo