- Sister Newspapers' Blogs
Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare
Are the president's critics patriots or obstructionists? That all depends on which president is being criticized.
December 13, 2013 1 Photo
Editor stranded in ice storm experiences truest form of humanity
A foolish drive left me alone with my car stuck on a steep hill of a back road, covered in ice with temperatures falling into the low 20s. But as is the case with any horror story, heroes emerged to aid the helpless.
December 11, 2013 1 Photo
Live blog: A historically-accurate reenactment of JFK's assassination
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. To remember the event, watch a live experience of what happened that day in 1963, as it would be covered by news outlets today.
November 22, 2013 1 Photo
50 years can't fade a day to remember
I don’t remember what I had for lunch last Wednesday or Thursday, but I do recall what I was doing and what I was eating on Nov. 22, 1963, when I learned that President John F. Kennedy had been shot.
November 18, 2013 1 Photo
Do animals understand pointing like humans do?
Understanding pointing apparently takes some sophistication. Even chimpanzees, who are smart cookies in many ways, don’t “get it” when it comes to pointing.
November 14, 2013 1 Photo
Health care choice another of Obama's broken promises
In selling Obamacare, the president told Americans they could keep their doctors and their health care plans. MIllions of Americans are now finding out that was a sales line - not the truth.
November 1, 2013 1 Photo
A night to remember … my first pie supper
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
Have you updated your bucket list?
June 3, 2013 1 Photo
Japanese find a new source of natural gas
May 22, 2013 1 Photo
Uncle Ed: Vain as a peacock, cool as a cucumber
May 20, 2013 1 Photo
- More Sister Newspapers' Blogs Headlines
- Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare
- Bill Archer
- A beautiful tune can float like a blanket of air gliding over rolling hills 10 days 1 Photo
- Journey of mother’s recovery brings a new blessing each day 17 days 1 Photo
- Back-to-back state championships will stand in the record books 24 days 1 Photo
- A search for relics ignites a desire to search for understanding 31 days 1 Photo
- Success in business with a servant’s heart, Dick Copeland cared for people 45 days 1 Photo
- Unsolicited help from a Virginia state trooper came at the right moment 52 days 1 Photo
- You can beat a bully by not letting them have power over what is right 59 days 1 Photo
- Mention of the word ‘snow blower’ leads to momentarily lapse in thought 66 days 1 Photo
- New age of communications arrived to leave ‘ancient communications’ behind 73 days 1 Photo
- Watching a tractor-trailer jackknife in slow motion is a lesson on life 80 days 1 Photo
- AP Video
- Admirers Flock to Dole During Kansas Homecoming Raw: Obama Plays Soccer With Japanese Robot Raw: Kangaroo Rescued From Swimming Pool Raw: 3 American Doctors Killed in Afghanistan New Pictures of Ship That Sank in 1888 Ukraine Launches Operation Against Insurgents Yankees Pineda Ejected for Pine Tar Raw: Obama Arrives at State Dinner in Tokyo Bigger Riders Means Bigger Horses Out West Time Magazine Announces Top Influencers List Deadly Fungus Killing Bats, Spreading in US Raw: Car Crashes Into San Antonio Pool Raw: Angry Relatives Confront SKorea Officials Colleagues Mourn Death of Doctors in Afghanistan Yankees' Pineda Suspended 10 Games for Pine Tar Three U.S. Doctors Killed by Afghan Security Scott Brown Announces Run for U.S. Senate in N.H Raw: Girls Survive Car Crash Into Their Bedroom Alibaba IPO Could Be Largest Ever for Tech Firm Raw: Kerry Brings His Dog to Work
- Greg Jordan
- Speaking to an empty room: Public input vital to local officials 20 hours 1 Photo
- Beware of faraway friends and strangers who want to give you money 7 days 1 Photo
- From Flat Top to Middle Earth, a celebration of spring continues 21 days 1 Photo
- Some of the nation’s unsolved mysteries have become part of our folklore 28 days 1 Photo
- Write away: Cursive skills provide valuable link to historical information 35 days 1 Photo
- Conversations with kids: Sometimes a little white lie is best 49 days 1 Photo
- Mobile clinic underscores strength of veterans’ determination 56 days 1 Photo
- Preparing a snake and three tarantulas for a winter storm is not easy 63 days 1 Photo
- Polar chills spur longing for spring, but winter could be worse 84 days 1 Photo
- Plenty to do in Mercer County, but new businesses would be welcomed 91 days 1 Photo