- Sister Newspapers' News
AUDIO: DA releases 911 call in college student's murder
The district attorney in Stephens County, Okla., has released a seven-minute recording of a 911 call placed by a passerby who saw Christopher Lane, 22, stagger from a gunshot wound and collapse into a ditch. Joyce Smith relays Lane's quickly deteriorating condition as passersby rush to his aid.
August 21, 2013 1 Photo 1 Story
Thrill killing befuddles small Oklahoma town
Authorities in Duncan, Okla., are struggling to expain last week's thrill killing of a college student. Police say three teenagers charged in the murder are not part of a gang, though they see themselves as "gangsters" like those portrayed on TV and the movies.
August 21, 2013 2 Photos
Could drones 'spy' on the peanuts?
Researchers in South Georgia are testing a 25-pound helicopter drone to judge its use in gathering data about peanut and cotton crops.
August 21, 2013 1 Photo
Found: One artificial leg, new shoe attached
Georgia woman and her daughter searching for the owner of roadside limb.
August 20, 2013 1 Photo
Mom of Okla. murder suspect doesn't believe he pulled the trigger
Three teenagers were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in state court in the random, drive-by shooting of a college baseball player that has shocked the small Oklahoma town of Duncan and the victim's Austrailian parents.
August 20, 2013 1 Photo 1 Story
54 shaved heads for cancer-ridden firefighter
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
A high school graduation like no other
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
Armed school guards parody has town fuming
June 7, 2013
Jury acquits man charged with murdering escort
The defense claimed Ezekiel Gilbert was trying to protect himself from theft when he shot Lenora Frago through the neck. She died several months later.
June 7, 2013
House reveals centuries-old clues about life in the colonies
June 3, 2013 2 Photos
- More Sister Newspapers' News Headlines
- AUDIO: DA releases 911 call in college student's murder
- Sister Newspaper Columns
- A loving grandmother and a life-changing promise 471 days 1 Photo
- Grapefruit + Medications = Potential Problem 473 days 1 Photo
- FINANCE COLUMN: Risk-takers draw on guts, values 473 days 1 Photo
- Preaching profs taught life with humor 473 days 1 Photo
- COLUMN: Debate after shooting predictably turns to gun rights, security 479 days 1 Photo
- FINANCE COLUMN: Annuities protect people from the pitfalls of a lump sum 479 days 1 Photo
- The sartorial secrets of a fat man 485 days 1 Photo
- Here's a list of 10 must-see Christmas movies 486 days 1 Photo
- It time to celebrate winners of the annual 'Sammy Awards' 487 days 1 Photo
- Hard-learned Christmas lesson was a great gift 509 days 1 Photo
- AP Editor's Picks Video
- Raw: More Than 100,000 Gather for Easter Sunday Raw: Greeks Celebrate Easter With "Rocket War" Police Question Captain, Crew on Ferry Disaster Raw: Orthodox Christians Observe Easter Rite Ceremony Marks 19th Anniversary of OKC Bombing Raw: Four French Journalists Freed From Syria Raw: Massive 7.2 Earthquake Rocks Mexico Captain of Sunken SKorean Ferry Arrested Raw: Fire Destroys 3 N.J. Beachfront Homes Raw: Pope Presides Over Good Friday Mass Raw: Space X Launches to Space Station Superheroes Descend on Capitol Mall Man Charged in Kansas City Highway Shootings Obama Awards Navy Football Trophy Anti-semitic Leaflets Posted in Eastern Ukraine Raw: Magnitude-7.2 Earthquake Shakes Mexico City Ceremony at MIT Remembers One of Boston's Finest Raw: Students Hurt in Colo. School Bus Crash Deadly Avalanche Sweeps Slopes of Mount Everest
- National and World
- Official: Deal emerging on Mideast talks extension 19 days
- GM, safety agency face Congress over recalls 19 days
- In ice-damaged towns, a difficult choice on trees 20 days
- Kerry to Mideast at critical point in peace talks 20 days
- Mudslide death toll rises; rains expected to ease 20 days
- Congress: GM twice failed to fix defect 21 days
- Seabed of jet hunt zone mostly flat with 1 trench 21 days
- Rural residents confront higher health care costs 21 days
- No national system to track landslide hazards 21 days
- American farmers confront ‘big data’ revolution 22 days