- Sister Newspapers' News
AUDIO: DA releases 911 call in college student's murder
The district attorney in Stephens County, Okla., has released a seven-minute recording of a 911 call placed by a passerby who saw Christopher Lane, 22, stagger from a gunshot wound and collapse into a ditch. Joyce Smith relays Lane's quickly deteriorating condition as passersby rush to his aid.
August 21, 2013 1 Photo 1 Story
Thrill killing befuddles small Oklahoma town
Authorities in Duncan, Okla., are struggling to expain last week's thrill killing of a college student. Police say three teenagers charged in the murder are not part of a gang, though they see themselves as "gangsters" like those portrayed on TV and the movies.
August 21, 2013 2 Photos
Could drones 'spy' on the peanuts?
Researchers in South Georgia are testing a 25-pound helicopter drone to judge its use in gathering data about peanut and cotton crops.
August 21, 2013 1 Photo
Found: One artificial leg, new shoe attached
Georgia woman and her daughter searching for the owner of roadside limb.
August 20, 2013 1 Photo
Mom of Okla. murder suspect doesn't believe he pulled the trigger
Three teenagers were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in state court in the random, drive-by shooting of a college baseball player that has shocked the small Oklahoma town of Duncan and the victim's Austrailian parents.
August 20, 2013 1 Photo 1 Story
54 shaved heads for cancer-ridden firefighter
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
A high school graduation like no other
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
Armed school guards parody has town fuming
June 7, 2013
Jury acquits man charged with murdering escort
The defense claimed Ezekiel Gilbert was trying to protect himself from theft when he shot Lenora Frago through the neck. She died several months later.
June 7, 2013
House reveals centuries-old clues about life in the colonies
June 3, 2013 2 Photos
- More Sister Newspapers' News Headlines
- AUDIO: DA releases 911 call in college student's murder
- Sister Newspaper Columns
- A loving grandmother and a life-changing promise 475 days 1 Photo
- Grapefruit + Medications = Potential Problem 477 days 1 Photo
- FINANCE COLUMN: Risk-takers draw on guts, values 477 days 1 Photo
- Preaching profs taught life with humor 477 days 1 Photo
- COLUMN: Debate after shooting predictably turns to gun rights, security 483 days 1 Photo
- FINANCE COLUMN: Annuities protect people from the pitfalls of a lump sum 483 days 1 Photo
- The sartorial secrets of a fat man 489 days 1 Photo
- Here's a list of 10 must-see Christmas movies 490 days 1 Photo
- It time to celebrate winners of the annual 'Sammy Awards' 491 days 1 Photo
- Hard-learned Christmas lesson was a great gift 513 days 1 Photo
- AP Editor's Picks Video
- Raw: Obama Tours Gyeongbok Palace Swimmer Michael Phelps Back in Competition Raw: Obama Lays Korean War Memorial Wreath Obama Leads Naturalization Ceremony in Seoul Calif. School Bus Crash Hurts Driver, 11 Kids Country Club for Exotic Cars Little Science Behind 'Pollen Vortex' Prediction US Proposes Pay-for-priority Internet Standards Wife Mourns Chicago Doctor Killed in Afghanistan FDA Proposes Regulations on E-cigarettes Kerry Warns Russia of Expensive New Sanctions Mideast Peace Talks Stall on Hamas Deal Cody Walker Remembers His Late Brother Paul Grieving South Korea Puts Up Yellow Ribbons Raw: Kerry Brings His Dog to Work Raw: Girls Survive Car Crash Into Their Bedroom Three U.S. Doctors Killed by Afghan Security Yankees' Pineda Suspended 10 Games for Pine Tar Colleagues Mourn Death of Doctors in Afghanistan Ukraine Launches Operation Against Insurgents
- National and World
- ‘We’re all paying:’ Heroin spreads misery in U.S. 18 days 2 Stories
- West Virginia leaders reflect on anniversary of UBB mine disaster 18 days
- China ship hears ‘signal’; unclear if jet-related 19 days
- Kerry: US reconsiders role in Mideast peace talks 20 days
- US employers add 192K jobs; rate stays at 6.7 pct. 20 days
- FDA approves heroin overdose antidote 20 days
- Malaysian PM visits Australian base for jet search 21 days
- New evacuations in Chile after major aftershock 21 days
- Big donors may give even more under court’s ruling 22 days
- Chile lifts tsunami warning after quake kills 6 22 days