- Sister Newspapers' News
AUDIO: DA releases 911 call in college student's murder
The district attorney in Stephens County, Okla., has released a seven-minute recording of a 911 call placed by a passerby who saw Christopher Lane, 22, stagger from a gunshot wound and collapse into a ditch. Joyce Smith relays Lane's quickly deteriorating condition as passersby rush to his aid.
August 21, 2013 1 Photo 1 Story
Thrill killing befuddles small Oklahoma town
Authorities in Duncan, Okla., are struggling to expain last week's thrill killing of a college student. Police say three teenagers charged in the murder are not part of a gang, though they see themselves as "gangsters" like those portrayed on TV and the movies.
August 21, 2013 2 Photos
Could drones 'spy' on the peanuts?
Researchers in South Georgia are testing a 25-pound helicopter drone to judge its use in gathering data about peanut and cotton crops.
August 21, 2013 1 Photo
Found: One artificial leg, new shoe attached
Georgia woman and her daughter searching for the owner of roadside limb.
August 20, 2013 1 Photo
Mom of Okla. murder suspect doesn't believe he pulled the trigger
Three teenagers were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in state court in the random, drive-by shooting of a college baseball player that has shocked the small Oklahoma town of Duncan and the victim's Austrailian parents.
August 20, 2013 1 Photo 1 Story
54 shaved heads for cancer-ridden firefighter
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
A high school graduation like no other
June 7, 2013 1 Photo
Armed school guards parody has town fuming
June 7, 2013
Jury acquits man charged with murdering escort
The defense claimed Ezekiel Gilbert was trying to protect himself from theft when he shot Lenora Frago through the neck. She died several months later.
June 7, 2013
House reveals centuries-old clues about life in the colonies
June 3, 2013 2 Photos
- More Sister Newspapers' News Headlines
- AUDIO: DA releases 911 call in college student's murder
- Sister Newspaper Columns
- A loving grandmother and a life-changing promise 474 days 1 Photo
- Grapefruit + Medications = Potential Problem 476 days 1 Photo
- FINANCE COLUMN: Risk-takers draw on guts, values 476 days 1 Photo
- Preaching profs taught life with humor 476 days 1 Photo
- COLUMN: Debate after shooting predictably turns to gun rights, security 482 days 1 Photo
- FINANCE COLUMN: Annuities protect people from the pitfalls of a lump sum 482 days 1 Photo
- The sartorial secrets of a fat man 488 days 1 Photo
- Here's a list of 10 must-see Christmas movies 489 days 1 Photo
- It time to celebrate winners of the annual 'Sammy Awards' 490 days 1 Photo
- Hard-learned Christmas lesson was a great gift 512 days 1 Photo
- AP Editor's Picks Video
- SKorea Ferry Toll Hits 156, Search Gets Tougher Video Shows Possible Syrian Gas Attack Cubs Superfans Celebrate Wrigley's 100th Raw: Cattle Truck Overturns in Texas Admirers Flock to Dole During Kansas Homecoming Raw: Erupting Volcanoes in Guatemala and Peru Alibaba IPO Could Be Largest Ever for Tech Firm FBI Joining Probe of Suburban NY 'Swatting' Call U.S. Paratroopers in Poland, Amid Ukraine Crisis US Reviews Clemency for Certain Inmates Raw: Violence Erupts in Rio Near Olympic Venue Raw: Deadly Bombing in Egypt Raw: What's Inside a Commercial Jet Wheel Well Raw: Obama Arrives in Japan for State Visit Raw: Anti-Obama Activists Fight Manila Police Motels Near Disney Fighting Homeless Problem Michigan Man Sees Thanks to 'bionic Eye' S.C. Man Apologizes for Naked Walk in Wal-Mart Chief Mate: Crew Told to Escape After Passengers
- National and World
- China ship hears ‘signal’; unclear if jet-related 18 days
- Kerry: US reconsiders role in Mideast peace talks 19 days
- US employers add 192K jobs; rate stays at 6.7 pct. 19 days
- FDA approves heroin overdose antidote 19 days
- Malaysian PM visits Australian base for jet search 20 days
- New evacuations in Chile after major aftershock 20 days
- Big donors may give even more under court’s ruling 21 days
- Chile lifts tsunami warning after quake kills 6 21 days
- Malaysian credibility in jet hunt challenged again 22 days
- Official: Deal emerging on Mideast talks extension 22 days