By Alexandra Nicolas CNHI News Service
While the Supreme Court hears arguments over California's Proposition 8, which bans gay marriage, thousands on social media have adopted a variation white equal sign on a red background to show their support for gay marriage.
- Sister Newspapers' News
Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
A 7-year-old Pennsylvania boy authorities described as being so underweight he looked like a human skeleton has been released from the hospital.
July 21, 2014
Sparring justices find little disagreement at the opera
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg revealed a different view of U.S. Supreme Court on Saturday when she described about her passion for opera, one she shares with Justice Antonin Scalia.
July 21, 2014
The terrible history of passenger planes getting shot out of the sky
What is more clear is that, if initial reports are true, this would be the deadliest incident of a civilian passenger plane being shot down in modern memory. In some instances, the causes of the disaster are still shrouded in mystery. Here are some of the worst events.
July 21, 2014
Rock thrown from overpass struck wife like 'an explosion'
July 16, 2014 1 Photo
Michigan ex-prosecutor arrested in murder-for-hire plot
July 15, 2014 1 Photo
Struck by rock thrown from overpass, mom fights for life
July 14, 2014
Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death
July 14, 2014 1 Photo
Two boys dead, infant critically injured in mobile home fire
Two young children died and their infant sister was in critical condition after fire engulfed their mobile home in a small town in upstate New York Monday night.
July 2, 2014 3 Photos
No more military trucks for small-town firehouses
A program that sent surplus trucks, tankers and other military vehicles to rural fire departments is finished because the equipment didn't meeting federal environmental standards.
July 2, 2014
Woman's African safari photos draw ire on Facebook
A Texas woman’s photos from an African hunting safari posted on Facebook have provoked a range of responses — including many laced with hate and outright death threats.
July 1, 2014 3 Photos
- More Sister Newspapers' News Headlines
- Starved Pennsylvania 7-year-old weighed only 25 pounds
- Sister Newspaper Columns
- Democrats' double-standard brands opponents of Obamacare 227 days 1 Photo
- Editor stranded in ice storm experiences truest form of humanity 229 days 1 Photo
- Live blog: A historically-accurate reenactment of JFK's assassination 248 days 1 Photo
- 50 years can't fade a day to remember 252 days 1 Photo
- Do animals understand pointing like humans do? 256 days 1 Photo
- Health care choice another of Obama's broken promises 269 days 1 Photo
- A night to remember … my first pie supper 416 days 1 Photo
- Have you updated your bucket list? 420 days 1 Photo
- Japanese find a new source of natural gas 432 days 1 Photo
- Uncle Ed: Vain as a peacock, cool as a cucumber 434 days 1 Photo
- AP Editor's Picks Video
- Kerry: Humanitarian Cease-fire Efforts Continue Raw: Corruption Trial Begins for Former Va Gov. The Carbon Trap: US Exports Global Warming UN Security Council Calls for Gaza Cease-fire Traditional African Dishes Teach Healthy Eating 13 Struck by Lightning on Calif. Beach Baseball Hall of Famers Inducted Israel, Hamas Trade Fire Despite Truce in Gaza Italy's Nibali Set to Win First Tour De France Raw: Shipwrecked Concordia Completes Last Voyage Raw: Sea Turtle Hatchlings Emerge From Nest Raw: Massive Dust Storm Covers Phoenix 12-hour Cease-fire in Gaza Fighting Begins Raw: Bolivian Dancers Attempt to Break Record Raw: Israel, Palestine Supporters Rally in US Raw: Air Algerie Flight 5017 Wreckage Virginia Governor Tours Tornado Aftermath Judge Faces Heat Over Offer to Help Migrant Kids Kangaroo Goes Missing in Oklahoma More M17 Bodies Return, Sanctions on Russia Grow
- National and World
- Deal to improve veterans’ health care costs $17B 10 hours
- Palestinians say strike hits Gaza’s main hospital 16 hours
- nalysis: Clinton drama hangs over GOP lawsuit 17 hours
- After 6 weeks, finally a deal on VA health care 17 hours
- Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull 17 hours
- Trial in salmonella outbreak to start in Georgia 1 day
- Israel says it’s extending Gaza truce for 24 hours 2 days
- Israel extends truce as Gaza death toll over 1,000 2 days
- Japanese fans speak on the evolution of 'Godzilla’ 3 days
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce efforts stall 3 days