Sellersburg, Ind. —
Glaze (enough for 4 medium sized chicken breasts)
• 1/3 cup of honey
• 4 Tbs of balsamic vinegar
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
Mint and pea sauce
• 2 cups frozen peas, blanched
• 2 cloves of chopped garlic
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• ¼ cup water
• 4 Tbs chopped mint leaves (fresh)
• 2 Tbs chopped cilantro (fresh)
• 1 jalapeno pepper roasted. The more seeds you leave in, the spicier.
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 Tbs honey
Puree' everything in a blender (except the olive oil) until smooth. Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the opening in the lid as you continue blending to emulsify.
Dave Lobeck is a barbecue chef from Sellersburg, Ind., who writes a column for CNHI News Service. Visit his website at www.BBQMyWay.com.