This tomography scan released Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012 by the Miguel Couto hospital, show the skull of 24-year-old construction worker Eduardo Leite pierced by a metal bar in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Doctors say Leite survived after a 6-foot metal bar fell from above him and pierced his head. Luiz Essinger of Rio de Janeiro's Miguel Couto Hospital Friday told the Globo TV network that doctor's successfully withdrew the iron bar during a five-hour-long surgery. (AP Photo/Miguel Couto Hospital)
- AP Video
- Obama Shops at Gap, Pitches Minimum Wage Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Computers Malaysia Flight Changed Course Before Vanishing CIA Director Denies Senate Hacking Allegations Feinstein: CIA Spied on Senate Committee Prosecutors: DC Mayor Knew of 'shadow Campaign' Raw: 'Octomom' Pleads Not Guilty Again Raw: Police Seek Man Who Set Car, Self Ablaze Ukraine's Crimea Seeks to Become Independent Carney: Feinstein, CIA in Regular Talks With WH Friend Gives Details of Pistorius' Gun Use Raw: Bank Robbery Chase Shuts Down Md. Highway Japan Slowly Rebuilding 3 Years After Disaster Health Care Law Gets Test in Florida Election Raw: Former Christie Aide Arrives at NJ Court Raw: Seavey Wins 2nd Iditarod in Bizarre Finish Low-wage Workers Struggle to Join Middle Class Millions Living With Artificial Hips and Knees Skydiver, Pilot Survive Midair Accident
- Business Marquee
- College Sports
A clean sweep
March 11, 2014 1 Photo
- Lady Blues host Lindenwood in ECAC tournament showdown
- A clean sweep
- Pro Sports
Is the NFL ready for Michael Sam?
After the University of Missouri defensive lineman announced he is gay, many within the NFL publicly supported the All-American, who's expected to join a team following May's college draft.
February 20, 2014
- Football helmets don't protect side of head from blows in tests
- Dillon drives No. 3 car to gain Daytona 500 pole
- Is the NFL ready for Michael Sam?
Bluefield Daily Telegraph Official Page on Facebook